12.09.2010

artist profile

this is our first artist's profile! i am now featuring artists monthly in addition to my blog posts! feel free to email me if you think you would be a good fit for this blog(:

this month's artist is....mentalembellisher! woot! here are her answers to my questions! (click on her name for a link to her shop)

1.)Tell us a little bit about yourself! (name, location,pets, family, etc.)
I'm an expat Londoner called Ann now living in a medieval town in France having lived out in Australia for a while

2.)How did you become to be an artist?
I don't think I 'became' an artist, it's just something I've always done, much preferring to draw inside than play outdoors when I was little...my mum was very creative and my dad was an upholsterer which I suppose is where I get my love of textures and colour. I studied art in London and worked as a professional portait painter, illustrator and muralist for many years in London, Paris & Sydney

3.)What inspires you?
Absolutely everything and usually obscure stuff! I create all the time and live in a very visually stimulating environment

4.)What is your creative proccess like?
Chaotic

5.)What do you do in your free time? (besides creating)
I have three Weimaraners, two cats and an acre of gardens, live with a thai chef and am the mother of two artist and musician sons, so eating, laughing and running around a lot are my main occupations :-) I also love driving fast and going out to sea in the boat when the weather's good. And travelling is something I continue to do....

6.)What would you give as advice to someone just starting out on Etsy?
Take great photos as if there was no description. Write the description as if there were no photos.

7.)How do you promote your work?
I have a Facebook fan page and I use Twitter too. That's it.

8.)In ten years, where would you like to be?
Still happily ensconsed in my studio surrounded by piles of recyclable bits and pieces and mabe a grandchild or two....

9.)What handmade possession is closest to your heart?
Nearly everything in my house is handmade, I can't stand mass-produced things or the idea of someone else having the same thing as me so that's a very difficult one. The one that is literally closest to my heart is a fantastic crocheted granny square jacket made especially for me by my fellow etsian Shelleden, I wear it constantly and it makes me smile :-D

10.)What would you like to see more of on Etsy? Less of?
I'm so happy with Etsy, I can't see what more of anything there could possibly be...

thanks so much mentalembellisher! we loved having you!
check mentalembellisher out at the link above.

thanks also to my loyal followers! have a lovely holiday, new posts coming soon! be prepared for a total revamp of blog content by new year's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment