hey everyone! sorry it's a wee bit late, but here's your march artist of the month-musettemade! (but you can call her shannon:) ) i stumbled upon this awesome, kick-butt artist back in my other post, it's almost spring!: what you need to know about earrings this time of year . she was the awesome lady who designed those gorgeous leaf earrings under organic. i looked at her shop and realized that this artist was someone with real talent, so, take it away, shannon!
2.)How did you become to be an artist?
- I have always been an artist. I grew up drawing and painting and when it was time to go to college I decided to go to the Savannah College of Art and Design. My first love has always been painting!
3.)What inspires you?
- I am really inspired by other artists who are out there doing what they do best - being creative! I also love, love, love beads - the shapes and colors always leave me with new ideas. Going to the bead store can be really dangerous for me! I also like to pull pictures out of magazines for inspiration.
4.)What is your creative proccess like?
- I have a bunch of bulletin boards hanging in my studio with baggies of beads pinned to them. I find it helps me to be able to see them all - I can pull colors to mix and match easier than if they are all in boxes. Then I just kind of put things together to see if they work!
5.)What do you do in your free time?(besides creating)
- I love my Facebook fanpage! It is a lot of fun to link to new items and see the responses you get from people. I also give out a lot of cards and my friends, family, and return customers are really great for word of mouth!
8.)In ten years, where would you like to be?
- I would love to still be making jewelry! I would also like to have another shop for my paintings at some point. I guess overall I just want to be happy and healthy and doing something creative!
9.)What handmade possesion is closest to your heart?
- There are so many! I have lots of artistic friends and I try to surround myself with their work - pottery, paintings, collages, needlework - to name a few. But my favorites are the handmade cards my boyfriend makes me for my birthday!
10.)What would you like to see more of on Etsy? Less of?
- I would like to see more truly handmade goods on Etsy and less resellers! I hate the thought of someone buying something they think is handmade but ends up to be cheap and factory produced!
here on etsy and here on facebook !
think you have what it takes?
email me here if you'd like to be featured!